Consulting, Finance Function, Treasury - Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Corporate Finance and Treasury practice, within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
Our team helps our clients maximise their available liquidity position and manage financial risk, such as foreign exchange rates, interest rate changes, and commodity price fluctuations, as well as make decisions around funding the core business operations and making investments to increase the value of the organisation to the shareholders.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: Participating in cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Participating in cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Play a role in advising clients on strategic finance-related matters and designing solutions that can help address complex finance-related challenges, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact.
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as a strong team member, taking ownership of areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor Consultants in the Finance Function Effectiveness team.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in Finance trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Assist in researching and writing winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East.
- Experience with Treasury SAP TRM system is a must.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role or within a corporate treasury environment; experience in corporate treasury with focus on transformation and change positions in at least one of the following areas:
- Treasury Operating Model development
- Treasury processes and procedures
- Financial and Treasury risk management (e.g. FX, commodity, interest, counterparty)
- Cash, liquidity and banking
- Experience with other Treasury systems. (e.g. Kyriba, Reval, FIS – Quantum, SWIFT)
- Fluency in English is essential and Bilingual skills in Arabic language will be an added advantage
- Previous experience of working on change or implementation programs within a corporate treasury function, either process or software related.
- Supporting decision making at a senior level (Treasurer, Finance Director, CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings, mitigating risks and overcoming various challenges
- Deep understanding of treasury operating models and key business drivers in a multinational corporate environment
- Ability to demonstrate best practice approaches within a corporate treasury function across multiple dimensions including processes, people, systems and operations
- Ability to analyse issues and requirements, formulate a solution and create a proposal based on the recommended solution
- Ability to work with Treasury and Finance professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of Treasury needs and challenges
- Experience of driving and reporting on progress of large finance and treasury transformation projects.
- Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions
- Should have an analytical mindset
- Previous Big 4 or Tier 1 technology consulting experience would be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR
- MBA or Masters in Finance, with or without professional certification
Travel Requirements Not Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.