Intern, Financial Sector Consulting
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms. Across 153 countries, 207,000 KPMG people provide Audit, Tax and Advisory services to a huge range of clients, from leading brands to public bodies, global multi-nationals and local businesses.
What we do:
Financial Risk Management Group is providing consulting services in the areas of financial risk modeling, development of risk-management systems and strategies as well as valuation of financial instruments for our clients, mainly, in financial sector.
We are a part of wider Financial Sector Advisory Group. It gives us possibility to participate in the complex projects for the Financial sector, including strategy development, efficiency improvement, business processes assessment and design.
This is entry position in Financial Risk Management team, part of KPMG's Advisory practice. You will be a member of FS Advisory project teams at the client.
- Support the project leaders in the operative project work (e.g., running analysis on data, developing of Excel models, writing of single slides, interview with member of clients' project team, documentation)
- Review and development of the client's risk management system
- Review of the business processes (with the focus on the lending) and providing recommendations for improvement
- Basel capital adequacy framework planning and implementation
- Capital allocation methodology review and implementation
- Assessment and Development of quantitative financial risk assessment methodologies (market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk etc)
- Bachelor/Master degree in the field of Finance, Banking and Insurance or Finance and Credit preferred
- Ideally, 4.5+ average grade
- At least one internship in banking or 6 months experience in bank audit would be a plus
- Good skills in MS Office (esp. PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Fluent in Ukrainian/Russian (written and verbal), English – Intermediate (higher level will be considered as a significant advantage)
- Readiness for traveling (if necessary, dependent on project needs and quarantine restrictions)
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to structure problems
- Strong communication and social skills
- High motivation and team player and certain creativity
- Official employment, competitive salary, medical insurance and corporate events;
- Active participation of every specialist in the development of real business projects, regardless of position and professional experience;
- Effective programs for professional development of each employee (trainings, seminars, and conferences)
- Ability to work from home
- Laptop provided
Internship lasts for 3 months. Interns that receive favorable reviews on completion of their internship are offered Consultant positions in Financial Risk Management Group.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.