About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Pensions Administrator to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Prescot.
- Delivery of Pension Administration services to various customers of the Balfour Beatty Pensions Centre including DB and DC members of the Balfour Beatty Pension Fund (the Fund) and related parties.
What you'll be doing
As a Pensions Administrator you will:
- Process the regular data and interface exchanges for the DC Section of the Fund;
- Capture data, process data and instruct HR/payroll on new entrants and current member changes (contributions and opt-outs);
- Collect and process incoming HR amendment and leaver interfaces;
- Collect and reconcile weekly/monthly payroll interfaces of member and company contributions;
- Inform the Funds DC Administration provider of any changes to a members data record;
- Support the collection and investment of member and company contributions, liaising with the Funds DC Administration provider;
- Liaise with Companys HR/payroll functions, as required;
- Respond to DC Section queries, liaising with the Funds DC Administration provider, as required;
- Support all processes associated with the Companys life cover arrangements;
- Process pension case workflows across a wide range of DB Sections of the Fund and various case types including retirements, transfer outs and deaths.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Educated to at least A level;
- Payroll and pensions knowledge and experience;
- Payroll and pensions experience desirable;
- Proficient in Excel, including the use of reporting tools such as Look-up tables;
- Strong analytical and data interrogation skills;
- An organised and methodical approach is required for dealing with large volumes of data;
- Able to work to strict deadlines;
- Commitment to delivery of a high-quality service;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain in a concise and clear way;
- Awareness of the need to understand and apply legislative and other regulations;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and as a team player, proficient in managing own workload.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.