Operations Specialist-Part time, Associate 1
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an individual who will assist in the accurate and efficient pricing of a range of securities held by investment funds. The employee will work within a team of dedicated Pricing staff in a busy and challenging environment. The successful candidate will need to take initiative and maintain an excellent relationship with team members and all internal and external parties involved in the process.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Global Operations Specialist you will:
- Participate in pricing of different kinds of securities
- Review/validate prices loaded into the system
- Research securities which have exceeded tolerances during the pricing process
- Investigate queries from other departments
- Assist manager in the team/department activities
- Initiate/support changes in operations
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in financial environment such as banking or insurance
- Experience in the funds industry environment would be an advantage
- Business / Finance education degree would be an advantage
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills training;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.