We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Reporting & Analytics for GB Clusters in Region Asia Pacific
- The position holder is part of the Global Reporting & Analytics Controlling team focusing on a Service Cluster in APAC in the Service Hub of Global Business Services in Kuala Lumpur. Within this area the position holder supports the monthly / regular reporting as well as forecasting and budgeting activities.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Contribute to Monthly Reporting and comments on GB service units
- Monitoring and analysis of budget deviation
- Support Forecasting and annual budgeting of regional cost of GB service units
- Execution of detailed trend analysis, ad-hoc analysis and deep dives of cost development
- Support of reporting dashboards
- Support controlling digitalization
Play a supporting role in the following tasks:
- Prepare stakeholder communication for internal and external communications on organization wide topics (e.g. service charges communication, business continuity plan, general service announcements, etc.)
- Organize and prepare materials for presentation, and update presentation materials and relevant intranet content
- Support in the investigation, analysis of issues / feedback escalated from customers, and follow-up on the resolution/ action plan
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
- Execute work in accordance with the Controlling framework by providing timely and accurate service
- Suggest and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with the team members to share best practices
- Prepare & update documentation to ensure complete knowledge retention
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields and/or recognized professional accounting certification or any other equivalent qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA or MIA)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance and/or Controlling and/or Management Accounting
- Experience in reputed multinational corporations will be an advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, MS Office & SAP FI/CO is preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning, reporting processes, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), Controlling methods
- Proficiency in English required with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Initiative, pro-active, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skill
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.