Senior Analyst, Clearing & Settlements, HFS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
This person will be a part of a client service team focusing on the middle office function. As the primary client contact for Clearing and Settlements, the person will oversee trade capture, trade affirmation to counterparties, trade settlement, life-cycle event processing and asset servicing.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This person needs to be able to resolve conflict within a short period of time and add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision, exemplary follow-through while paying special attention to detail. A familiarity with front office trading support, listed securities products and structured fixed income, and settlements is an advantage but not required.
- Support the daily processing for financial products including Listed Securities and Repo, Exchange Traded Derivatives and Fixed Income.
- Liaison between clients trading desks, prime brokers, exchanges counterparties and internal teams to resolve breaks and open reconciling items to ensure timely settlement.
- Process trade corrections and manage pre-settlement confirmation process for all types of listed securities, including equities and bonds, as well as options and futures, traded in both U.S. and international markets.
- Resolve fails with Prime Brokers/Custodians after settlement date, by working with counterparties to facilitate delivery.
- Manage all monthly expiration activities by providing clients with expiring positions, posting exercise/assignment transactions, and informing prime brokers
- Effective investigation and reconciliation of breaks and established escalation process
- Monitor trade capture process and upload trades to Prime Brokers/Custodians.
- Ensuring timely receipt of electronic-based confirmations from trading counterparties.
- Communicating effectively with internal partners, clients and auditors, tailoring information to audience as required.
- Create and maintain process flows and control tools to accommodate new business needs.
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Middle Office experience incorporating the above key responsibilities in post trade processing and settlement an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of the front to back securities trade flow
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial security instruments
- Knowledge of custody, securities lending, prime brokerage, market trading practices and position processing treatment
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain high standards when dealing with tight deadlines, high volumes and demanding trading desks and clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Teams, Outlook, Powerpoint, Bloomberg
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven team player, taking ownership for own role while contributing to wider team efforts
- Preferred experience with post trade processing systems and messaging formats: Omgeo CTM, Crest, Euroclear, DTC, Swift, PB Portals
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or related subject
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.