What is the Corporate Accounting team responsible for?
Corporate Accounting provides financial services, produces books of account reporting on the results of the operations and provides advisory services to a variety of customers across Europe and the Group.
We’re looking for an Accountant to join our team on a fixed-term contract for 18 months.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an Accountant?
In your daily work you will be able to work with other Finance departments from other European countries. You will participate in the preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules, financial statements, VAT reporting and variance analysis. In this role you will also provide day-to-day support to the Corporate Accounting Supervisor to ensure that deadlines are met and to provide proactive, value added assistance to the Corporate Accounting team and the business operations in Europe.
You will have the opportunity to participate in various optimization and automation projects, as well as implementation of new financial system.
- Undertake regular processing of journals required for entity accounting records.
- Undertake regular bank reconciliations and resolve any accounting issues.
- Issue and process intercompany recharge invoices.
- Participate in the monthly close of European corporate entities (including the preparation of monthly accruals, GL account reconciliations, variance analysis).
- Preparation of VAT returns and other regulatory or tax returns, as required.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and audit deliverables.
- Provide support for year-end audit related issues across the region as required.
- Participate in team meetings across the region to understand needs and support where required.
- Take part in optimization, automation and digital innovation projects.
- Take part in cross-functional collaboration to enhance accounting, control, financial and operational support.
- Understand how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- University degree in Accounting or in a related field (e.g. Economics, Finance)
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in similar department
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications)
- Team working skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility, to plan and organize tasks, and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills