Commercial Management Accountant
Commercial Management Accountant Permanent position working within a dynamic and forward thinking company who have outperformed the market over the last few years and are in need of a commercially astute Accountant who has progressed well to date and looking to continue doing so in a role such as this
The Exciting and growing company are based in the Potters Bar area and operate within the lucrative FMCG area where they have taken market share and developed a new division in line with product advancements. Supplying a large number of global brands they are an agile company looking for a Commercial Management Accountant with fresh ideas keen to make their mark on the business and fast track their Careers to the next level
Commercial Management Accountant duties and responsibilities;
- Delivery of the monthly close as well as year-end to tight deadlines.
- Business partnering with both internal and external parties and ensure good business-like relationships are maintained, including auditors. UK and India Predominantly
- Production of timely management reporting packs with P&L analysis, comparison of forecasts/budgets with actuals and analysis of variances
- Preparation and posting of journals to close month end to deadlines.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process and management reporting packs
- Support in the interim audit and financial audit and in the preparation of external statutory financial reporting
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis, particular attention to key accounts with high volume of statutory importance e.g. - payroll accounts. Ensuring items are resolved timely and escalated appropriately as required
- Review and prepare payroll journals processed by outsourced company
- Payment runs and ad hoc payments
- All relevant returns including VAT and Government Surveys
- Fixed Asset register management and reporting
- Maintenance and reporting of IC accounts
- Challenge existing practices, suggest improvement where necessary and implement
- Ad hoc projects
The Successful Commercial Management Accountant will have a mix of the following expertise and skill set to thrive and progress in this permanent office based role in Potters Bar
- Have a background in finance with at least 5 years progressing through the ranks and 2+ years month end focused roles including accounting and analysis
- Be Strong on Excel and ideally have used SAP or a similar accounting system.
- Comfortable presenting to internal and stakeholders
- Keen to add commercial value to the FMCG division through new ideas.
- A great communicator and strong team player happy to operate across global markets with a key focus on India
- Hindi language capability is a large bonus
Progression prospects along with study support for this Potters Bar office based FMCG role that comes with a competitive all round package and rewarding company culture