Audit Semi Senior
We are looking for a talented Audit Semi Senior to join our Financial Services team based in London and working closely with our Cayman Islands team, on a permanent full-time basis. We will consider driven Auditors who are currently working in Practice and looking to step into Financial Services.
You will support on a large number of financial services audits, with a focus on investment funds across a range of investment strategies, (including a growing portfolio of cryptocurrency focused clients) ensuring deadlines are met and compliant with necessary regulations. You will work collaboratively with the wider team in order to meet the needs of our clients and to maximise the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering MHA MacIntyre Hudson services.
At MacIntyre Hudson, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.
The London team work closely with two dedicated Partners in the Cayman Islands to service its investment fund client portfolio. We are looking for motivated and forward-thinking individuals as we continue to expand the financial services team. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
Qualifications and Skills
- AAT qualified and looking to move on to ACA or ACCA, or part qualified ACCA/ACA with practice experience
- 1-3 years Auditing experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit)
- Some previous experience of mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset, but not required
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with staff and clients