Senior Executive - Risk Advisory - Glasgow - 12mth FTC
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Executive within Digital, Risk & Advisory Services where you’ll take responsibility for running assignments, supervising the work of more junior staff and working directly with our clients under manager supervision. You’ll be involved in a range of assurance and advisory projects, and will gain broad experience of delivering assignments across our commercial and not for profit client base. The complexity and size of assignments will vary significantly and your work assigned will generally be well defined.
Our Digital, Risk and Advisory Services team is growing. Underpinned by our strategy, we are seeking to appoint talented individuals who have demonstrable skills and experience to undertake both assurance and advisory work across a range of areas including:
- Internal control
- Risk and governance
- Third party controls assurance
- Contract and commercial risk
- Environmental, social and governance
- Conduct assignments from planning to final reporting, using experience and judgement to apply BDO’s methodology, seeking guidance from managers as required.
- Execute a wide variety of tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional standards.
- Proactively build client relationships, understand their business and consider how BDO can bring longer-term value beyond the immediate remit of our work.
- Effectively analyse data and information (structured/unstructured) to drive evidence-based findings. Clearly articulate and link the implications of these findings to the clients’ broader business issues and objectives.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, develop appropriate testing approaches and assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Relevant professional experience covering any of the following:
- Internal audit
- Third Party Controls assurance (e.g. ISAE 3402/SOX)
- Contract and commercial risk
- Governance and enterprise risk management
- Specialist areas such as ESG, data privacy or programme/change management advisory
- A relevant professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CMIIA (CIA + 3 QIAL case studies); other relevant qualifications
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with data analytics techniques and software, however additional training will be provided
- Experience in using flow charting software
- Full driving licence and personal car, preferable (flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.