Transaction Management - Life & Annuity Funds, Senior Analyst
Purpose of Role
- Provide service to M&G departments and TPAs.
- To ensure that all information (eg. cash balances) are correct on Aladdin. This will be through extensive review of cash reconciliation between our system & the bank/TPA
- Process inspecie instructions on Aladdin and ensure timely settlement at custody
Job & Personal Skills
- Attention to detail imperative
- Good knowledge of unit pricing and CIS.
- Awareness of the role of the TPA
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of inspecie transfers
- Good communication
- Time Management
- Self starter
- None specifically required however it’s beneficial to have or be studying the following:
- Securities Institute IOC or
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
Knowledge & Experience
- Unitised funds administration, accounting and unit pricing
- Investment markets, instruments and products
- Project management – ensure that any team specific tasks in relation to projects are completed.
- Represent the team when appropriate at meetings regarding projects affecting the team, fund launches and in specie transfers
- Work closely with team to ensure that all tasks are completed in the most efficient way. Participate in projects to amend /automate team processes where possible
- Provide training/mentoring to new staff members. Ensure that all procedures are up to date prior to start date
- Assure the integrity of the data on the Fund Management System (Aladdin)
- Answer queries from Fund Managers, Custodians and Fund Accountants
- Plan and execute in-specie transfers
- Ensure that there is open and on going dialogue with all internal and external contacts in respect of the above activities
- Build operational processes to support product development
- Investigate and log CASS 8 overdraft breaches
- Incorrect processing of client business.
- Investment managers act on incorrect information.
- Pricing errors (through provision of incorrect data to TPA)
- CASS breach (o/d on a fund where the IMA states ‘no borrowing’)
- Poor service delivery of client information requirements
- Manual and high volume processes
- The number and age of outstanding queries (mailbox management)
- Feedback from regular meetings with clients / suppliers.
- Regular 1:1 with manager and direct reports to ensure that deadlines are met
- Volume of ORENs and response, i.e. mitigation of processes
- JIRA dashboards
- Segregation of duties between production and review
- Production of MIS
- Comprehensive procedures/ Tick sheets.
- Monthly team meetings and regular 1:1 with manager so that any aged/key issues can be escalated & resolved
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.