Global Real Estate Controllers - Project Accounting Analyst
Corporate Finance provides accounting, financial management, project management, and reporting support to the real estate, technology, operations, human resources, sourcing & procurement, general services, legal & compliance, and other staff business units.
Global Real Estate Construction Accounting, a business unit within the Corporate Finance - Corporate Controllers Group, presently manages the real estate construction project creation process, invoice processing, retainage, construction close-out, asset settlement, and financial reporting for all global projects. Real Estate Construction Accounting manages construction on a global portfolio of 80+ million square feet of corporate office and banking center space with an annual spend in excess of $1 billion across 9,000+ projects.
The Global Real Estate Construction Accounting Operations Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform assigned responsibilities including data validation and quality control review on pertinent information related to capital project creation, project funding, and end of project processes within department standards and Service Level Agreements.
- Analyze and assess project invoices and corresponding documentation to ensure pertinent data points are present and perform an initial accounting assessment include cost codes and General Ledger classification based on Project Accounting and firm process/policy standards..
- Ensure that Invoice Service Level Agreement is maintained throughout the year.
- Ensure daily workload is completed with minimal errors and within designated time frame.
- Consistently meet established daily production and accuracy expectations.
- Obtain thorough understanding of assigned responsibilities, fixed asset accounting concepts, budget codes, detailed knowledge of operations that affect our clients, Project Accounting terms, overall operating transactions flow, and all corporate and/or vendor systems and interfaces that affect the timely processing of assigned responsibilities.
- Respond to, research and resolve outstanding items for assigned responsibilities.
- Communicate with partners to facilitate resolution of outstanding items. Partners will include internal customers and external service providers.
- Identify exceptions to standards, determining underlying causes and escalating to the supervisor and/or partners as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate documentation to support transaction processing in compliance with Corporate Accounting and Project Accounting practices and policies.
- Cross-train on other functions in order to provide back up for other analysts during vacations, illness, etc.
- Suggest process improvements to supervisor.
- Analyze, track and report on project processing irregularities on assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting / Finance /Business Degree preferred (or equivalent work experience – minimum of 3 years).
- Strong MS Office knowledge specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Previous accounting and customer service experience is preferred, preferably in the real estate industry.
- Ability to grasp accounting concepts and apply appropriately.
- Ability to research and resolve or suggest resolutions to problems, including follow-up.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete self review of work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume production environment with emphasis on teamwork, meeting established deadlines, and multi-tasking under pressure.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.