Global Real Estate Controllers - Project Accounting Analyst
Corporate Finance provides accounting, financial management, project management, and reporting support to the real estate, technology, operations, human resources, sourcing & procurement, general services, legal & compliance, and other staff business units.
Global Real Estate Construction Accounting, a business unit within the Corporate Finance - Corporate Controllers Group, presently manages the real estate construction project creation process, invoice processing, retainage, construction close-out, asset settlement, and financial reporting for all global projects. Real Estate Construction Accounting manages construction on a global portfolio of 80+ million square feet of corporate office and banking center space with an annual spend in excess of $1 billion across 9,000+ projects.
The Global Real Estate Accounting Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform month end close responsibilities including journal entries, perform monthly reconciliations and financial analysis
- Financial review on capital project expenditures to include timely recording of fixed assets
- Invoice audit and quality check for accounting treatment
- Monthly reconciliation of projects and accounts, investigations of variances and providing explanations
- Participate in project reviews and closeout
- Develop meaningful financial analysis in support of Global Real Estate decision making
- Analytical review of Construction in Progress (CIP) to ensure propriety of balances outstanding
- Assess transaction activity for proper accounting treatment
- Understand accounting policies and procedures
- Identify exceptions to standards, determining underlying causes and escalating to the supervisor and/or partners as appropriate
- Establish and maintain relationships with finance and operations groups in Global Real Estate as well as Line of Business contacts
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, as needed
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required; ACCA/CGMA preferred
- Minimum 0 – 2 years of relevant experience required in accounting or finance with demonstrated career progression
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, work collaboratively and succeed in a fast-paced, high volume and dynamic environment.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills, with considerable interaction with project managers and vendors
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience preferred with automated financial systems (SAP) and worksheet modeling tools (Excel)
- Adaptability to increased work schedule demands on occasion/during accounting close to meet deadlines
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.