Analyst - Internal Audit Operations Team
We have a vacancy for an Operations Analyst to join Operations Team that supports our global Shell Internal Audit and Investigations (SIAI) Team.
The purpose of Shell Internal Audit and Investigations is to deliver Independent, Courageous and Actionable insights that assures Shell's sustainably delivers the World Class Investment Case, upholds a strong Societal License to Operate and Thrives in the Energy Transition.
The purpose of the Operations Team is to provide internal operational support to allow SIAI to operate in most effective and efficient way. These support activities include scheduling of engagement teams, provisioning of SIAI Management information, supporting the annual planning process including reporting to the Board and committees, coordination and administration of our Global Helpline and supporting systems and tools that are specific to our processes.
Every Operations Analyst will focus on the provision of several key operational support activities but is expected to provide coverage and adequate backup for the other support activities if and when needed.
The Operations Analyst supports the following key activities:
- Day-to-day review of the Shell Global Helpline and deliver the prompt and appropriate processing of reported concerns or allegations of breaches of the Shell Code of Conduct or Shell General Business Principles, received via the Global Helpline or via other channels
- Provide Quality Control on all engagement reports to ensure they comply with SIAI methodologies and defined quality standards
- Coordinate stakeholder feedback questionnaires, analyse results and make insights available to the Leadership Team via timely MI
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure that all reported allegations/concerns are assessed, addressed, recorded and/or assigned to the appropriate Regional Team Lead Investigations Integrity in a timely manner and without due delay
- Maintain oversight of, and manage the status, completeness and correctness of the regional Global Helpline reports from the date issued till the date closed, in compliance with necessary data privacy and legal requirements, including adherence to relevant laws on data privacy and whistleblowing.
- Ensure that the relevant stakeholders (e.g. HR, Shell Ethics and Compliance) are informed of reported allegations in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for informing the whistleblowers/reporters that their reported concern has been received, and what subsequent action will be taken.
- Ensure that all received information is kept strictly confidential and will only be shared on a strict “need to know” basis.
- Advise and assist the (regional) investigators on keeping the Global Helpline and the Case Management System (CMS-Sharepoint) information accurate and up to date, in line with our administrative policies.
- Respond to requests from stakeholders with regards to compliance issues to facilitate sharing of data and information, subject to confidentiality requirements, to support Shell Ethics and Compliance, Governance Risk Assurance (GRA) and other functions within Shell when necessary.
- Prepare statistical analysis of Global Helpline Data for Leadership Team members and/or other stakeholders.
- Assist the investigators and/or the Global Helpline Manager with conducting quality control reviews of Investigation Report at their request.
- Inform the Global Helpline Manager and/or Regional Team Lead Investigations Integrity of reported matters that require immediate follow up.
- Provide input for the continuous improvement of the GC coordinators team processes.
- Manage the testing of the Shell Global Helpline telephone numbers across all countries in which Shell operates.
- Conduct the Quality Control process, ensure all issued engagement reports comply with SIAI methodologies and defined quality standards and issue regular stakeholder feedback questionnaires
- Review stakeholder feedback received, highlight exceptions and/or learning opportunities to the Chief Internal Auditor, Audit & Investigations (General) Manager and Lead Auditor
- Manage the (automated) interface with GRA to ensure all engagement actions have transferred from MetricStream into RADAR
- Profound knowledge of working with Excel (i.e. creating spreadsheets/pivot tables/charts)
- Sound administrative and organizational skills
- Previous experience of working with various ERP systems and Sharepoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills both face to face and telephonically
- Proactive and problem solving attitude
- Flexible attitude/able to respond to unusual situations in a calm and professional manner
- Highly collaborative; team player, with the ability to work independently while following procedures and instructions
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.