Custody Transaction Processing Specialist
The Custody Transaction Processing Specialist is an entry level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
- Identify and implement process improves of the securities and derivatives settlement process using data analysis tools and methodologies
- Complete operational tasks focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation
- Analyze data and make recommendations for the launch of new products and services or upgraded platforms
- Minimize risk to the bank by monitoring errors and suggesting solutions that reduce errors, and ensure adherence to audit and control policies
- Identify policy gaps and propose efforts to streamline the securities and derivatives settlement processes
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate processes and data to ensure the accuracy and quality of completed settlement tasks
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of how the team collaborates with other areas in accomplishing assigned tasks
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Fundamental knowledge of securities/derivatives activities, policies, procedures, and concepts
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- ACCA certificate would be an additional asset
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.