Manager / Senior Manager Regulatory - Banking & Financial Institutions
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients' clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do; shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG (including Microsoft Business Solutions) is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
About the job
Reporting to the Director of the Risk Consulting Advisory Services team, we are currently looking for an experienced Regulatory Manager/Senior Manager to join our well-established KPMG Risk Consulting team. The role will be focused on assisting Banking and Financial Institutions with their regulatory requirements and would suit an individual looking for a new challenge and a step change in their career.
This position gives you the opportunity to join a team that has developed a strong level of expertise and technical capability in advising clients on risk advisory and regulatory-related matters. Over the past years our risk consulting team in Malta has grown considerably and today it comprises a number of experienced and talented professionals with different skillsets including accountants, auditors, actuaries, banking and financial institution specialists, insurance and AML/CFT experts.
- Managing large and complex projects and provide subject matter expertise on engagements
- Advising clients on new and existing regulatory obligations
- Providing advice on prudential and statistical regulatory returns
- Providing interpretation and advice on new regulations and standards that impact regulatory obligations for banks and financial institutions in Malta
- Performing assessments and reviews of required prudential and regulatory reports, including ICAAPs, ILAAPs and Recovery Plans
- Providing specialist support to other KPMG teams in connection with related banking and financial institution engagements
- Liaising with Regulators and KPMG’s international network to provide real insights into the thinking of regulators, trends and issues affecting the local and international financial services sector, with particular focus on regulatory expectations
- Delivering business-focused solutions to interpreting regulations and managing regulatory change with a breadth of experience and strong technical skills along with practical business knowledge
- Providing regulatory advice and helping major Maltese and International clients across the financial services sector to ensure they meet compliance obligations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on the implementation and monitoring of regulatory requirements in the banking and/or financial services environment
- Education - university degree in banking, accountancy, finance, management or business administration, or similar;
- Technical knowledge on local Maltese and European banking regulations and compliance obligations
- Knowledge of the CRD/CRR and supporting European Implementing and Regulatory Technical standards
- Knowledge of the systems and processes used in the implementation and compilation of regulatory returns
- Knowledge of financial reporting within banks
- Knowledge of good governance practices for a robust regulatory reporting function
- Role also needs someone who is ambitious and is a strong relationship builder
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to continue to build on their existing knowledge and skills, to operate at a more senior level and to add greater value. We have ambitious plans and offer the successful candidate the opportunity for development and advancement as we achieve those plans. Similar experience of working in a similar environment including in a risk or compliance function of a credit or financial institution will be considered an asset.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.