Business Adviser - Business Services & Outsourcing - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. You’ll also:
- Deal with bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries for a wide variety of clients on a number of accounting packages, including the group’s larger more complex clients.
- Prepare monthly annual management accounts and VAT returns with little supervision.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and ensure that all communications are conducted in a professional manner.
- Build trust and connect with clients and targets by listening and showing empathy and patience.
- Demonstrate a sound awareness of how businesses operate, the commercial environment and its impact on the client’s business.
- Train junior members on accounts software and other processes critical to their current or future work.
- Analyse data and offer explanations and solutions where information is not captured efficiently, or where financial performance is not in line with budgets or business plan.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- AAT qualified and either looking to pursue further qualifications (ACA/ACCA) or in the early stages of study.
- Proven experience of management accounts preparation.
- Good VAT knowledge (including VAT return preparation experience) and a sound understanding of the basics of Corporate tax.
- Experience of statutory audit file preparation and liaison with audit teams (preferable not essential).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Office and use of all standard in house packages.
- Solid bookkeeping skills and good working knowledge of Xero and other cloud accounting software.
- Basic knowledge of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK including reporting and tax requirements.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.