Staff Accountant I
Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Kuala Lumpur Accounting Office:
Staff Accountant I
What can you expect?
- Be a part of a regional accounting operation team
- Elevate your accounting processing knowledge
- Interact diverse colleagues and stakeholders from various line of business within MMC
What is in it for you?
- Attractive performance driven incentives
- Participate in regional projects
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
We will count on you to:
- Assist in day to day accounting functions and processes as well as reporting of financial information
- May prepare payments, fund transfer and review the supporting that has been provided by requester or handling independent verification on beneficiary bank details.
- Assist in internal/external audit queries as well as tracking the trend of volume.
- To explore on implementation procedures, improvement process by standardizing and simplifying it.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for financial information while, providing guidance, advise and train junior/less experienced accountants.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
What you need to have:
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in General Ledger/ Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivables transactions in a Shared Service or Insurance environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Good command in English is required
What makes you stand out:
- Experienced in Account Payable/ Record to Report (R2R)/ General Ledger
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Being team oriented