About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
We are currently looking for an Actuary to join our Risk Consulting team at KPMG.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will be involved in the following areas:
- Actuarial function holder engagements for a pool of non-life insurance clients;
- Capital management and optimisation engagements;
- Internal audit support on Actuarial functions;
- External audit assist on IFRS technical provisions;
- External audit assist on Solvency and Financial Condition Report (Solvency II) audits;
- Actuarial assistance with the implementation of IFRS 17;
- Actuarial assistance in Finance Transformation projects;
- Actuarial assistance in Due Diligence engagements;
- Peer review for actuarial engagements;
- Actuarial engagements across the KPMG network, as applicable;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG;
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences.
The Right Fit
- Qualified or Nearly Qualified Actuary;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of practical experience within the non-life insurance industry;
- A good knowledge of standard actuarial reserving techniques;
- Capital modelling experience;
- Advanced data & analytics skills;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Knowledge of non-life insurance products;
- Solvency II knowledge and experience;
- IFRS 17 knowledge will be considered an asset;
- Strong technical and communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts, also to non-actuaries;
- The capability to work on concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions;
- Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail;
- The ability to develop productive relationships with clients;
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups;
- Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals.
Should the above vacancy interests you, please visit our website via the apply button below.