Senior VAT Consultant Indirect Tax Operations
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
An increasingly complex tax landscape with real-time reporting requirements, a wide variety of technological opportunities and increasing talent needs have a big impact on any company. More and more companies are looking to partner up with Deloitte to work together as a single team and become a part of their indirect tax team to reach joint goals. As part of one of our operate VAT teams, you get to experience the end-to-end tax processes working closely together with the stakeholders within the client’s business (PTP, RTR, banking,…), while being an authentic part of the client’s team. So, are you a team player and do you tick the boxes for the below responsibilities & requirements…?
To list some of key responsibilities:
- Get to know your client’s business inside-out and play a key role in their global indirect tax compliance deliverables in the end-to-end process.
- Oversight on the data extraction (including VAT & General ledger, trial balances, vouchers, invoices,…) periodically to start the compliance workflow, from a variety of ERP systems.
- Highly automated data cleansing activities through our internal tools & spotting opportunities for improvements continuously.
- Review & sign-off of pan-European indirect tax obligations, including the VAT, Intrastat and other related declarations and computations, reconciliations and payment requests
- Year-to-date reconciliations of the VAT ledger, General ledger & trial balance, and additional reconciliations depending on client processes. The reconciliations include an Analysis of open & ageing items to ensure these are picked up within a maximum of 3 months. This includes instructions to the accounting / banking teams, requesting reclassifications of amounts or performing inter-company recharges.
- Assist our clients with VAT and Intrastat audits and information requests on a Pan European basis
- Responsible for preparing necessary management reporting and getting trained to spot possible Indirect Tax issues and opportunities that lead to efficiencies for our team and the client.
- Work closely with client business stakeholders in AP, AR, banking and other teams while being part of the Deloitte team
Let’s talk about you
- Affinity with (indirect) taxes, prior experience is a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, ORACLE, other ERP's) on a high-level is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products — Excel is a must
- Ability to multi-task various client responsibilities through prioritization of activities
- Ability to integrate rapidly with existing team
- Solid analytical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Good personal organizational skills and commitment to customer service
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Aptitude for and eagerness to learning technology, processes and working with datasets
- Team player
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Any additional European language is an asset
- Prior experience in an Operate setting or in the Industry is an asset
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
To assist our clients in dealing with the intricacies of indirect tax, our Deloitte Global Tax Centre (Europe) based in Brussels proposes the services of a multi-disciplinary team of over 150 specialists (lawyers, economists, accountants, IT-specialist, project managers) drawn from all over Europe (16 nationalities mastering over 20 languages), who are highly experienced in assisting companies with multi-jurisdiction VAT-compliance, dealing with the complexities of local regulations and procedures – such as communicating with local tax authorities, setting up new VAT registrations and filling Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
4.400 dedicated professionals, active in 11 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.