Treasurer @ Charity Protecting Human Rights Defenders
Our partner provides life-saving support to human rights defenders in some of the world's most dangerous countries. Their volunteers accompany at-risk activists and they also provide support such as security monitoring and psychological help.
They are seeking a Treasurer to assist the Director in all aspects of the organisation’s financial management and to take specific responsibility for the oversight of all financial transactions. The Treasurer is also required to carry out some limited general bookkeeping duties including regular bank balance reviews and maintaining petty cash records.
Specifically, the Treasurer will:
- Review management accounts and present them to the Board
- Attend Board meetings and contribute to discussions on the general direction of the organisation
- Chair the Finance Committee
- Oversee the audit process, financial controls and financial governance
- Work with the Finance Officer to ensure all regulatory and statutory requirements are met
Board meetings and Finance Committee meetings take place quarterly at their London office, although remote attendance is possible.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and therefore unremunerated.
For more Trustee/Treasurer opportunities, please visit the AfID website.