Senior Manager - BWT Finance
Enterprise Services (ES) delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
ES Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the ES division, including BWT.
Your team forms part of the wider ES Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Enterprise Services and Business Unit CIOs.
Your team’s primary roles is to:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for ES strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
This role is responsible for assisting the Executive Manager to provide financial support to Bankwest Technology (BWT) Finance. BWT is responsible for the full tech stack that underpins Bankwest across its digital platform, products and distribution.
Financial support includes:
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis and commentary for both BAU and investment portfolios
- Maintenance of rigorous financial control, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Business stakeholder management across BWT and BU finance Teams
- Driver based annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Providing commercial and strategic financial insights to stakeholders
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial analysis and broader insights to drive tangible value
- Identification and implementation of ongoing process improvements
You will report to the Executive Manager Business Partnering in Enterprise Services Finance.
- Planning, designing and managing of key finance deliverables and across the team, including month end close, financial reporting, annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including driver based plans in support of insightful analytics and business performance management
- Collaboration with peers and leveraging the team to provide a consolidated view of financial results and analysis to the BWT CIO and the Performance GM
- Acting as a key interface and co-ordination point to key business and finance stakeholders, utilising your stakeholder management skills to influence and drive outcomes and disseminating tasks across the team
- Assume responsibility for accuracy of contents and the timeliness of submissions to relevant parties
- Supporting the negotiation and renewal of large commercial contracts including evaluating vendor proposals
- Recommending and supporting cost optimisation initiatives and cost control processes – liaising with the business on productivity savings tracking, the review of resourcing requests and key contract reviews
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial results and analysis for both BAU and investment spend to ES, Business Unit and Finance General Managers
- Support ES / BU stakeholders and Finance by providing strong financial management services and decision support including involvement in investment initiative business cases
- Creation and delivery (in both verbal and written form) of crisp, concise and impactful material to assist in driving business outcomes and enhanced cost transparency
- Strong knowledge and experience of fundamental finance principles, processes and financial control, including:
- Review of staff deliverables including budgets and forecasts
- General ledger, journal and P&L analysis and review
- Balance sheet analysis, reconciliation and substantiation
- Process improvement, standardisation and simplification
- Demonstration of intellectual curiosity and the ability to build deep knowledge of the business being supported including cost base and underlying cost drivers
- Identifying and driving ES Finance continuous improvement initiatives
- Identification and escalation of issues to ensure appropriate risk management and financial control practices are in place
- Ability to constructively challenge team and stakeholders as and when required
- Effective prioritisation skills used in conjunction with line manager prioritisation
- Ability to attract, retain and develop talent with support from Executive Manager levels
- Risk Mindset – All employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- People management and leadership experience including the ability to work autonomously, prioritise and manage workload, leveraging staff, experience in uplifting team performance, providing constructive feedback and the development of staff and team culture
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven experience in advising, challenging and influencing senior stakeholders and business outcomes;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including presenting to senior management and leadership teams
- Strong commercial, accounting and financial management experience including financial modelling and analytical skills and understanding of operational business drivers;
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services.
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified with up to 5+ years post qualification experience;
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/07/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.