Product Specialist, Investment Compliance - Charles River - AVP
As part of the Technical Support team, The Compliance Product Specialist is responsible for supporting Charles River IMS for multiple clients and customers. This is a Functional role handling any and all customer service issues.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Product Specialist, Investment Compliance you will:
- Respond to requests for assistance via phone or email
- Diagnose software issues and recommend the appropriate solution.
- Analyze problems, answer questions and provide training related to the software.
- Identify and test workarounds for bugs or deficiencies in the software.
- Research issues dealing with third party software.
- Follow a standard set of procedures and methods when responding to customer requests or inquiries.
- Conduct research on questions and issues using available information resources and other product specialists.
- Keep a detailed log of all customer interactions and prepare resolution reports for issues reported by the customer.
- Utilize and administers the help desk software.
What we value
- Analytical thinker who can decompose complex issues into primitive components and perform root cause assessments.
- Communicates with a high degree of proficiency both verbally and in written format. Has ability to take complex issues and summarize in a clear, crisp, concise manner.
- Tenacity and “whatever it takes” attitude to drive issues to completion. Demonstrates self-starter mentality supported by strong work ethic.
- Team player who shares openly and willingly. Share knowledge and experience and takes initiative to keep other team members informed.
- Advanced time management, organization, and prioritization abilities.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Mathematical, or Finance
- 5+ years overall work experience or less with Master’s Degree
- Prior trading support, fund accounting or trading experience
- Investment Company compliance experience (including SEC and IRS Regulatory knowledge)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including Investment Company Act of 1940 including 2a-7, Internal Revenue Code and ERISA
- Compliance software rule writing, testing, report writing, exception management knowledge
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.