Business Aligned IT Auditor, VP
This role is part of the CRD, Alpha, and Global Delivery Audit team within Corporate Audit providing assurance and advisory services. While largely focused on CRD and Alpha, this role will also cover elements of technology in the middle and back office.
The Audit VP is responsible for developing and overseeing integrated audit engagements that focus on coverage of business process and technology related risks and controls. The main objective of our integrated audit approach is to assess the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated internal controls. This includes understanding how applications/systems support business processes and providing audit coverage of application/system controls. Following are detailed responsibilities:
- Assist in developing the audit universe, performing annual and quarterly risk assessments, and preparing the annual audit plan.
- Recommend adjustments to the overall audit plan based on continuous monitoring activities, audit plan progress, and changes in business area risk profiles
- Schedule, oversee and deliver audit assurance and advisory services, including resource management, planning assignments, and providing overall direction to the audit team.
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Develop and manage relationships with senior management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
- Follow-up on regulatory findings, and other divisional activities, as needed
- Participate in system and business process development projects with strategic corporate significance and provide input on operational and technological risk issues
- Provide input into internal risk assessments, audit plan development and monitoring of controls
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/ understanding of control concepts
- Provide challenge of the department's organization, processes and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/industry standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Typically 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of previous experience in internal / IT audit, public accounting, and/or risk management; other relevant experience may be considered
- Knowledge of risks and controls related to software development/ hosting and investment management products highly preferred
- Awareness of emerging technologies used within investment management / financial services
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- CIA, CISA, CPA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for coaching and investing in the development of your team
- Contribute to an environment that makes it easy to attract, hire and retain top talent
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.