Our client is a well-known aged care organisation operating multiple residential aged care facilities and retirement villages. As a leading faith-based organisation, they take a person centred approach to care and are committed to meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of each of their care recipients.
They are currently looking for a talented Financial Accountant to work closely with their Commercial Finance Director to deliver financial results.
This Financial Accountant role is a 6 month temporary position with a view to permanency. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading audit program for FY21
- Prepare audited financial statements for 6 states relating to residential aged care (due October 2021)
- Submission of prudential reporting for Aged Care, including ensuring compliance with new requirements recently announced for FY21
- Preparation of various department acquittal statements (CHSP, ACT Health), including ensuring external audit, if required
- Preparation of year end audit workpapers and year end group reconciliations e.g. payroll, sales
- Attending to new Aged Care quarterly reporting requirements for FY22
- Managing Aged Care Prudential Compliance requirements in accordance with the Aged Care Act
- Other activities such as management of balance sheet, bank account reconciliations, management reporting (month end and ad hoc), financial analysis, group reconciliations, financial control and management of Aged Care billing systems, assisting with process improvements
To be considered for this Financial Accountant position, you will meet the following criteria:
- CA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified
- Prior experience managing audit process and producing financial reports
- Prior experience in Aged Care or multi-site not for profit would be beneficial
- Available on 2 weeks’ notice or less
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Tom Hemmings at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5648, quoting reference 6297 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.