Compensation Control – Risk & Projects VP
Title: Compensation Control Risk & Projects VP
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and a first-hand insight into our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal training program
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and inclusive environment, we accept individual differences and use them to better our work environment and culture
- A balance between personal and professional lifestyles, including flexible working opportunities such as work from home arrangements
- High specification office space with leading technologies, collaborative working spaces and wellbeing facilities including an onsite fitness suite
Be responsible for managing the risk agenda, provision of project management and other business management support for the Global Compensation Control function, including;
- performing the functional risk lead role as part of the global network of risk leads responsible for delivery of the firms risk frameworks
- leading the Risk and Control Self Assessment process
- coordination of other risk deliverables to finance or firm operational risk departments
- being responsible for risk incident capture, root cause analysis and dissemination of lessons learned in order to highlight and remediate control or process gaps across the team
- providing support, education and training to increase risk awareness and adherence
- producing materials and leading the functional monthly risk reporting meeting which summarizes and monitors the risk profile of the function and escalates risk issues
- managing continuous development and delivery of data risk management procedures and training
- leading or participating in projects including management of project plan, documentation and direct ownership for delivery of certain functional initiatives
- supporting business management across the team including headcount management and co-ordination of team meeting materials
- Professional Accountancy Qualification, or equivalent specialization in Finance
- Demonstrated experience in finance processes, controls and reporting
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Strong communication skills; clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
You may also have:
- Relevant International and U.S. accounting and reporting knowledge
- Project management experience
The Compensation Controller team is led globally from Glasgow and is part of Global Corporate Controllers. The function is responsible for financial accounting, control, and reporting, both internal and external, related to the firm's compensation and benefit plans globally.
The team are responsible for front to back accounting, control and reporting of compensation and benefits for the firm, as a result, team members perform a variety of functions within their roles offering a breadth of experience for the right candidate. For example:
- Financial accounting across all GAAPS and legal entities
- Close collaboration with accounting policy on interpretation and implementation of new accounting rules or accounting analysis of new compensation arrangements
- Involvement in firm and financier-wide initiatives as an SME with accountability for assessing, planning and delivering all compensation & benefit related accounting and reporting impacts
- Regulatory and statutory financial reporting at firm and subsidiary level including analysis and implementation of any new reporting requirements
- Management reporting and forecasting for the CFO and other senior stakeholders
This role represents an exciting opportunity to further develop a variety of skills and be part of a global function.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. [HR to provide sentence specific to GIC location (Glasgow)]
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.