Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Director - Job Share
We are looking to hire a Director for a part time job share opportunity (3 days per week) permanent member of staff within the Finance Division’s Risk and Assurance group, specifically into the Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance team (RRQA).
The Finance Risk and Assurance group is represented in our New York, Glasgow, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices performing an oversight, governance and execution role in relation to the Finance division in support of the Firm’s operational risk programs and objectives. The group interacts across all areas of Finance, Firm Operational Risk Department, the Front Office, Internal Audit as well as Operations, providing accurate risk reporting across Finance whilst furthering the risk management culture and infrastructure. The RRQA team works collaboratively across New York, Glasgow and Mumbai on a validation programme to support the continuously expanding regulatory reporting environment impacting the Morgan Stanley Finance Division.
The RRQA Director will be responsible for overseeing and performing activities related to Regulatory reporting validation programs and quality assurance on a global basis. They will work to promote completeness, accuracy and validity of regulatory reporting data quality by independently validating various Regulatory Reporting processes and controls from transaction capture through to final regulator reporting.
Products subject to review may include derivatives, secured financing transactions, loans, securitizations, debt and equity.
- Overseeing Validation testing activity conducted by junior team members
- Conducting walkthroughs, assessing the internal control environment by performing controls and substantive testing
- Validating transaction capture through regulatory reporting processes and assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs and performing control and sample data testing
- Analysing identified issues for their impact on capital and other upstream and downstream processes or systems, as well as escalating these issues.
- Cultivating relationships across the Finance organization with key constituency groups, such as Regulatory Reporting, Product Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Operations, Treasury, Technology, Credit Risk, and Market Risk.
- Drafting recommendations and liaising with the business units to remediate risks, findings and gaps identified during the validation process
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting project progress to Senior Management
- Ability to organize and present data in a meaningful way, including analyzing and summarizing detailed information from various sources
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues
- Ability to create and manage detailed project plans including managing interdependencies
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking
- Part or Fully Qualified accountant
- Prior audit or consulting experience
- Prior experience in a line role or supporting a Finance or Reporting function
- Understanding of global and regional regulatory regimes and reporting such as Basel Frameworks, CAAP processes, RRPs and others
- Experience with testing and proposing remediation plans
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.