Manager - Indirect Tax Compliance (GCMS) (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG’s ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’ACDC’’), which offers Indirect tax compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills. ACDC offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG and expand your Indirect Tax Knowledge across the region, whilst you are being coached and trained by multiple professionals across the firm.
- Overseeing the Indirect Tax Compliance in the ASPAC region.
- Build strong relationship with clients, based on a solid and world class delivery.
- Drive pull through advisory opportunities from their client base to local member firm
- Provide trainings to junior members of the team
- Manage the transition of new clients into the ACDC
- Monitor/approve the billing for clients
- Monitoring financial performance of the team with ACDC
- Lead as control point participating in client meetings to follow up on milestones and enhance efficiency in the project
- Ensuring compliance with internal risk management procedures
- Identifying and leading ad hoc projects such as automation of work
- Leverage technology to manage VAT delivery and optimize process effectiveness
- Work closely with ASPAC Lead team to ensure thoverall client experience is always top quality
- At least 5 years of experience in a Tax related function with strong exposure to VAT
- Strong written and spoken English & Arabic language knowledge is a must
- Expert knowledge of TH value added tax (VAT) is required
- Experience in VAT in ASPAC region specially Middle East or South Asia jurisdictions is as advantage
- Ability to identify potential problems and issues and articulate them clearly to clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in VAT compliance process improvement is an advantage
- Curiosity and passion to find solutions to client’s needs
Closing Date: July 31, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.