Tax Team Leader
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE?
Reporting to the APAC Regional Tax Manager, the Tax Team Lead is responsible for managing compliance of all direct & indirect tax obligations of the identified countries within Kimberly-Clark Asia-Pacific (KC APAC). This includes review and filing of indirect tax returns and compliances, preparation of US GAAP and local GAAP corporate tax accounting and reporting to facilitate efficient, timely, and accurate reporting of results as well as identifying appropriate tax planning opportunities in accordance with Country tax regulations. The tax manager will provide a source of financial and taxation expertise, business knowledge, and problem-solving capabilities to assure sound analysis, recommendations, and action programs in assignments involving corporate taxation activities to support the clients in the achievement of their business objectives. The role will also provide work direction, performance coaching, career development to a team of Tax analysts.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
US GAAP Tax Accounting and Reporting
- Direct and control financial reporting information related to US GAAP, Local GAAP income taxes, and indirect taxes in accordance with established global tax accounting policies, procedures, and practices; US and Country tax income provision and deferred tax positions, indirect tax positions that properly reflect the planning and positions taken by the Company while mitigating risks through appropriate documentation and disclosure.
- Direct and control the preparation of quarterly tax provision schedules and analysis for submission to K-C management and the external auditors.
- Direct and control the preparation of periodical indirect tax schedules and analysis for submission to country Tax Authorities and the external auditors.
- Provision of advice, counsel, and taxation expertise to assure sound analysis, recommendations, and action programs in assignments involving a wide range of US GAAP and Local GAAP tax accounting activities and Indirect Tax Accounting Activities.
- Actively work with business management to maximize understanding of Indirect Taxes, both US GAAP and Local GAAP tax accounting processes, practices, and procedures, and identify and implement process improvements for mutual benefit, and resolve issues and disputes as they arise.
- Develop and execute the vision on tax accounting process automation and integration, and global standardization for both direct and indirect taxes.
- Direct and control the identification, research, and advice on opportunities and methods available to minimize the Company tax expense consistent with the respective country laws and overall corporate objectives and ensure planning opportunities are fully exploited and supporting policies are documented. Taxation planning to minimize tax exposure and maximize available opportunities is to be executed within the context of maintaining the Company’s status as a good corporate citizen.
- Direct and coordinate deferred and income tax calculation and CCH Integrator reporting.
- Proactively manage the Tax audit risk of the KC APAC countries by managing the interactions on Tax Controversy matters together with KC Country finance and the outsourced service provider personnel to ensure all requests for information are addressed as appropriate.
Income Tax Returns and Transfer Pricing Compliance
- Lead and coordinate the compilation and submission of direct tax return compliance for identified countries within KC APAC. Develop and maintain the relationship with KC APAC’s outsourced Tax compliance service provider to ensure all contractual obligations are met ensuring KC APAC cost-effectively meets its direct tax return lodgements.
- Lead and coordinate the compilation, submission, and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation supporting the Group’s intercompany charges and other cross border related party transactions
- Lead and support initiatives to ensure strong management of interactions with tax authorities including establishing communication channels with Country Tax Authorities.
Indirect Taxes & Withholding Taxes
- Direct and control completion and submission of indirect taxes (GST/VAT) and WHT for Kimberly Clark legal entities including the relationship with external auditors, tax authorities, compliance, Local GAAP financial reporting, tax reporting, and business taxes including liaison with tax authority on submission, payment, and refund of the indirect taxes.
- Provide counsel and advice to business and other functions on the appropriateness of taxation code, classification, and requirement.
- Identify and implement planning opportunities involving the efficient application of GST/VAT and WHT ensuring all country obligations are met.
Reconciliation and Integrity of Corporate Taxation Accounts
- Ensure the integrity of monthly statutory financial statements is maintained by conducting detailed account reconciliations and variance analysis to ensure the financial records accurately reflect the current status of transactions and events
We seek Original Thinkers to join us. We welcome original perspectives and value different life experiences that can lead to groundbreaking innovation, creative problem solving, and agile response to change. With Kimberly-Clark, you will have the freedom to express yourself, develop your capabilities, and grow your career.
Key to your success in this role will be:
- Degree in Accounting and professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc)
- Minimum 7 years financial and tax accounting exposure to Corporate or Multi-national Business with at least 2 years team leadership experience
- Thorough understanding of US and International Accounting Standards
- Thorough understanding of indirect tax compliances within Asia Pacific Region.
- Advanced knowledge of APAC Local GAAP and U.S. accounting and taxation requirements across several APAC jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications including SAP and CCH Integrator.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills necessary to maintain a strong working relationship with senior management and other functions within KC
- Good command of verbal and written English. Good command of any other Asian language would be an advantage.