Director - Business Restructuring - Insolvency
Overview: The purpose of this role is to lead projects of various sizes, as well as being responsible for guiding junior team members and managing the team.
You will play a significant role in supporting the Partners with the management of their client portfolio and there will be a requirement to continue developing technical skills and knowledge through on-the-job experience and training.
In addition, you will be required to proactively seek out new work through existing contacts or building new networks.
The Business Restructuring team work on a wide variety of dynamic projects and the candidate will receive exposure to a large number of assignments across both the insolvency and advisory teams. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a constantvariety of unique challenges.
The role requires an understanding of corporate insolvency procedures from start to finish, with a particular emphasis on Administrations, including pre-pack transactions.
In addition, the successful candidate should also have a thorough understanding of Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidations and Company Voluntary Arrangements. Experience of contingency planning and options reviews as well as the production of financial models isalso required. Experience of Advisory assignments, such as Independent Business Reviews, will also be advantageous but is not essential.
The successful candidate will also understand all areas of compliance and risk as well as have the ability to produce written reports to a high standard including the ability to make commercial recommendations. Knowledge of IPS and strong Excel and PowerPointskills will also be key.
This role will require the individual to proactively manage an insolvency caseload, prioritise project work accordingly and manage a team, providing appropriate guidance and supervision as well as on-the-job training to more junior staff.
We will consider applications for multiple office locations across the UK, including: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Bristol.
- Project manage multiple/ large / complex projects, resolving the vast majority of issues prior to partner involvement
- Support all members of the team to deliver on a range of assignments, providing strategic input where necessary and deputising for partners as required
- Provide on the job training and guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring that a variety of challenging work is provided to aid retention and career development
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
- Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants on assignments
- Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and stakeholders
- Lead the sale of businesses/ assets
- Undertake high level investigations
- Proactively seek out new work and deliver presentations / pitches when required
- Engage with and manage all stakeholders, deputising for partners as appropriate
- Assist with the management of the Business Restructuring team, both locally and nationally, as required
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA), with an appropriate amount of experience
- An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player