Service Charge Accounting Assistant Managern / Reading
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO’s Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for independent reviews of service charges. We are expecting large growth over the coming years to add to our breadth of existing clients. You will have overall responsibility for the delivery of high quality independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure for a specific client, and will manage a dedicated team and supervise the process to ensure that our work is efficient and our offering is tailor-made to suit our client’s needs. At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. You’ll also:
- Manage projects for a specific service charge client, which includes: Managing multiple deadlines, demonstrating flexibility, and prioritising tasks to ensure client deadlines are met on high volume assignments.
- Act as a major point of contact for the client, this includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Manage the overall dedicated team on a day-to-day basis.
- Review the work of junior team members and provide feedback.
- Build strong and sustainable client relationships, especially at senior management level
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ business.
- Capture client feedback and ensuring it is addressed and effectively communicated to the delivery team
- Oversee financial management of the project, including monitoring billing, reviewing performance against budget, performing monthly write-offs and revenue releases
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to and high quality documents are delivered
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participating in marketing events, keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggesting innovative products and services
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACCA, ACA, or CIMA qualified
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Experience providing assurance/audit services is essential
- Experience managing junior staff
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.