Operational Tax Specialist (VP)
Your field of responsibility
The role responsibilities include:
- Provide advisory services and 2nd line of defence support primarily covering Credit Suisse’s Investment Bank division.
- Act as SME on spectrum of operational tax topics, including transaction taxes, stamp taxes, and withholding taxes.
- The role is intended to manage the operational tax risk of Credit Suisse, ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and the internal standards of the bank and provide robust support to the business.
- Collaborate with Operational Tax Global Risk & Control colleagues to implement quality assurance reviews of business lines and entities. Document findings and communicate to senior management.
- Identify gaps, control deficiencies and recommendations to improve operational tax compliance.
- Proactively work with Asset Servicing teams to resolve operational tax risk issues to firm and client positions.
- Provide Operational Taxes sign off for new business / product initiatives.
Your future colleagues
As a Senior Operational Tax Specialist within Group Tax, CFO division, you will join a growing and dynamic team passionate about the management of control frameworks globally for Operational Taxes, the monitoring of tax regulatory developments and the quality assurance post-implementation of products and services impacting operational taxes. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Proven experience in operational tax related roles.
- Good working and technical knowledge of extra territorial taxes (stamp duty, transaction taxes) and withholding tax regimes and how they impact operational lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of asset servicing, trade lifecycle and IB products and associated tax risks.
- Drive and energy to generate and build impactful solutions for complex problems.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills combined with strong thought leadership and story-lining capabilities, structured and results-oriented way of working, and ability to get things done.
- Outstanding communication skills and experience in collaborating with senior management, ability to influence and reach joint decisions.
- Highly motivated, hardworking individual with desire to continually learn new skills and systematically improve and ability to work as part of remote team.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.