Liquidity Management, Officer
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Transactions Control and Banking - Payments team have a new role as part of our Liquidity Management operation in Edinburgh. You must have a strong understanding of cash management, global payments infrastructure as well as the various modernization initiatives across markets and Financial Market Utilities. You have extensive experience and demonstrated ability to act as a liaison between operational, project and technology teams, vendors and external industry groups working on large scale cross-platform high risk projects.
What you will be responsible for
- Oversee the forecast of expected Nostro related cash activity and the accurate funding of self-custody markets and sub custody secondary nostros in line with critical market deadlines.
- Liaise with Global Treasury, FMUs, agent banks, network management as appropriate to resolve issues intra-day.
- Determine escalation and reporting as appropriate to senior management, Global Treasury, Credit Risk etc.
- Actively attain SME level knowledge and understanding of business processes and flows via in-depth analysis of workflows and Standard Operating Procedures
- Actively participate in test strategy development and planning in our Global Banking Modernisation activities.
- Coordinate and perform business user acceptance testing for new systems
- Clearly and concisely communicate defects and expected results to IT and project partners
- Assist business teams with implementation planning and support including creation and updates of relevant standard operating procedures and guides as well as hands on training
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to lead a team performing high risk functions
- Exceptional operational and IT knowledge and understanding of the global payments infrastructure including SWIFT (MT, ISO20022), LYNX/LVTS, CHAPS, FED, CHIPS etc.
- Understanding of liquidity management principles and processes as it relates to global payment settlement systems and correspondent banking models
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage testing activities in large scale corporate projects and a strong understanding of structured quality assurance practices
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and organization
- Self-starter with an aptitude to troubleshoot and learn independently
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or related professional experience
- Strong experience in the Banking sector
- You can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of payment flows, cash management and the SWIFT network
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.