We are looking for an Accounts Manager to join our busy and expanding company in Newton Abbot. Based in the South West, we are proud of our offices, the clients we work with and the fantastic employees we have.
- Planning, preparing and reviewing accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies from client records (manual or computerised) for review by manager or reporting partner
- Sending final accounts to clients.
- Setting budgets for staff, assisting staff with Accounts completion, and on-the job training for junior staff.
- Preparing and reviewing Tax Returns. Calculating income tax liabilities, and advising clients thereon and good all round tax knowledge
- Preparing and reviewing Corporation Tax Returns. Calculating corporation tax liabilities and advising clients thereon.
- Forecasting work.
- Dealing with everyday correspondence and E Mails.
- Tax enquiry work as it arises.
- Managing client portfolio including billing.
- Preparation of management and financial accounts
- Production of VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Assisting with coaching and developing junior members of the team
- AAT qualified with at least 1 year recent post qualification experience
- Or at least 3/4 years working in practice, with experience of accounts preparation, business and corporate tax and ideally personal tax
- Accounts preparation experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment
- Strong Computer and Spreadsheet Skills
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Sage, Quickbook or Xero, as well as accounts production software such as CCH
- Ability to show initiative and work within a team.
- Ability to build good client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload in a timely manner while all the time ensuring we exceed client expectations
- Supervising more junior members of the team
Working With Us
Looking after our people and rewarding their commitment to the business is a key priority at Darnells. We offer a range of market-leading benefits to all of our employees, including:
- Annual salary reviews
- Full funded training qualifications (time and costs)
- Flexible hours scheme available that also can include home working
- Payment of 1 professional subscription per year
- Free Life assurance (for managers)
- Up to 32 days starting holiday entitlement (including bank holidays) with the option to automatically carry over 2 days into the next holiday year
- Free teas and coffees
- Lifestyle benefits package (including cycle to work, subsidised gym and fitness centre)
- Monetary supplement for referring clients and staff
- A social and professional network including local and firm-wide events
- Pleasant working environment – including a staff kitchen and rest room