Finance Analyst - Business Partnering
Sydney CBD Area
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Enterprise Services (ES) Finance is responsible for the provision of financial management services to the Enterprise Services Business Unit. We work closely with ES customers to help them understand their technology and operations costs and delivery of current and future strategic and financial plans.
ES delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Enterprise Services Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Enterprise Services division.
Your team provides business partnering, project support services and financial management services to Enterprise Services and the CIO of Business Banking.
We work closely with our stakeholders in both ES and revenue generating divisions to help them understand the business value of their technology and operations spend and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Do work that matters
This role is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager in providing financial & commercial support to the BB ES Business Unit which includes the following preparation of:
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis, commentary and insights including presentation to General Manager, Cost Centre Managers and project managers
- Provide commercial support to the BB ES team through provision of independent financial analysis and advice to drive operational and investment decision making
- Identify, develop and deliver actionable insights to drive the technology and operations strategies for Making ES Better
You will report to Senior Manager Business Partnering, BB and your daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the month end process with regular deliverables including actuals, budget and forecast reporting for opex and investment programmes/projects
- Financial Control responsibilities including journal preparation, account reconciliations, balance sheet reviews and FTE reporting
- Responsible for assisting in the delivery of the annual budgeting and monthly/quarterly forecast processes.
- The role has strong stakeholder relationships within ES, BU Finance, BB ES extended leadership team and the project community
- Reporting and analytics to facilitate decision making.
- Review, analyse and constructively challenge the monthly project & BAU spend with a view to understanding the status of each project, including milestones, risks, issues, financial status (actuals, forecasts, budgets), and progress made each month.
- Build and maintain relationships and trust with the project community and application management team to facilitate access to information and provide a contact point back for value added advice to the assigned programme/project teams.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities in analysis, reporting and financial control
- Undertaking all activities in accordance with CommBank’s values and support the Group’s purpose
- Positively contributing to the team culture and working environment
- Adhering to the Code of Conduct, which sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people
We’re interested in hearing from people who demonstrate:
- High degree of commercial acumen, with experience in Information Technology a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Stakeholder management skills with proven experience in building and maintaining strong business relationships
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- Academic and appropriate professional qualifications (i.e. accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA), and experience in finance or operations functions would be an advantage, with 3+ years post qualification experience
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 01/07/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.