Senior Accounting Business Analyst
- Part of a small finance team in a rapidly growing NFP /NGO
- Make a difference in the lives of those living with mental illness and cognitive disability
- 18-month contract role - working from home & Head Office in Dandenong South
You are looking for a position where you can apply your background in accounting and business analytic skills to help an organisation better understand the complexities of operations. You are adaptable to change in an environment where not only is the sector changing, our organisation is changing with it. In addition, you will have:
- Previous experience in an accounting and/or business analyst role
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to have difficult conversation and deliver information in a way that is well received
- Financial accounting & reporting expertise and knowledge of accounting standards, ideally from the not-for-profit and/or health sector
- Strong systems capability, comfortable working with multiple systems
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor in Accounting or Business essential and CA / CPA membership (or studying towards) highly desirable
It is a requirement of this position to acquire and maintain a positive Working With Children's Check, NDIS Worker Screening check and possess a current & valid driver's license.
About the Role
This role has been created due to growth of our organisation. As part of the new Finance structure, the Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the operations team to understand practices through investigation and reporting.
To achieve this, the role entails:
- Investigative work to understand how teams operate
- Monthly reporting to board, executive and team leaders
- Interpretation and commentary on reported results, with a clear emphasis on informing and influencing operations
- Run and maintain Business Intelligence Tool
- Communicate ideas and thoughts, across all areas of business
- Provide solutions to identified areas of improvement
- Improving business knowledge across ermha365 to assist managers with knowledge of business drivers
This role will be an 18-month contract position. Part Time hours worked either across a 9-day fortnight OR 4-day week.
While ermha365 continues to operate face-to-face services through COVID-19 we are taking appropriate actions to ensure that our staff and the people we support are as safe as possible. You will be expected to adhere to all COVID-19 standards, requirements and processes including (but not limited to) wearing appropriate PPE and regular hygiene and cleanliness practices.
What we can offer you
Ermha365 is an agile and innovative non-profit with a growth agenda across Australia. As an employee you will be offered:
- Opportunity to have a career that changes lives
- On the job training and development
- Flexibility in working hours to suit work life balance
- A supportive team environment that is engaging and inspiring
- A competitive total package including salary packaging
Ermha365 exists to ensure that people experiencing mental illness and cognitive disability, and their carers, can thrive in and become part of the community. We choose to work with people who have fallen through the gaps in the system and where there is no obvious support. We are often considered the provider of last resort.
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.