Under general direction, responsible for managing supplier relationships and conducting sourcing initiatives. Ensures suppliers are in compliance with contractual obligations. Manages sourcing engagements through bid analysis, negotiations, recommendations and implementation. Conducts enterprise spend analysis on source-able spend and makes recommendations to sourcing strategies.
- Responds to all inquiries from vendors/partners; maintains vendor catalog related to orders; updates internal tracking mechanisms; resolves and escalates issues as needed
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, completes contract negotiations, recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Supports Strategic Sourcing teams as part of the global Procurement Process. Makes recommendations to strategic sourcing initiatives, influencing resource dedication and savings commitments
- Identifies, recommends and implements guidelines, policies and controls to manage spend effectively
- Monitors supplier performance executes appropriate remedies for non-compliance. Negotiates modifications and new service levels as business conditions change
- Execute special projects in support of broader Procurement goals. Sets and maintains project schedules, monitors project(s) and adjusts schedules or tasks as needed
- Communicates with all levels of internal and external clients, including senior management, relative to various policy, financial, risk and strategic matters
- Resolves complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- Works on projects and develops project leadership skills
- A College or University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance and/or some relevant work experience in Sourcing or Procurement is required.
- CPM certified or working towards completion is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Supply chain management, contracting and procurement is required.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. MS Office skills, ERP systems/Peoplesoft) is required.
- Ability to create RFP's, related qualitative and pricing analysis, contractual documentation, service levels and performance scorecards is required.
- Strong sourcing, project management, facilitation, negotiation and change management skills are require.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written) are required with an ability to lead cross functional teams.