Group Commercial Finance Officer
For our office in Malta, we are currently looking for a GROUP commercial finance officer. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide value-added financial support to the group’s Head of Commercial Finance with respect to financial reporting, performance management and decision support.
Performance Management and Reporting
- Preparing monthly management reports for senior leadership, including but not limited to, trading updates, flash reports, business unit reporting and other ad hoc analysis
- Producing and maintaining any new reporting such as KPIs, expense dashboards, FX impact analysis and the like
- Supporting 2-3 quarterly, in-year rolling forecasts at a similar level of detail as the annual budget.
- Supporting the production of the annual budget including:
- Assisting with the annual budget cycle in an efficient and effective manner, leveraging new tool where available
- Ensuring a consistent approach and quality across all geographies and functions
- Providing input and support for any trend analysis, data modelling and activity-based costing
- Fostering the development of appropriate financial disciplines, as well as developing new capabilities through tools, automation and process efficiencies
- Collaborating with peers, and across Finance, on cross-team projects and efficiency initiatives
- You have 1-3 years + relevant professional experience working in a Financial Planning & Analysis role
- You hold a university degree in Finance (or similar), or are working toward an Accounting or CFA certification
- You have a high degree of technical expertise in building reports and data models, (i.e. Excel, SAP, Power Pivot, Power Query or other similar tools)
- You have good organisational, communication and time management skills (particularly working to tight deadlines)
- You can work autonomously, whilst fostering team engagement
- You are fluent in English