Global Tax Provision Associate
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Assist with review and analysis of non-us tax provision data collection and calculations completed by non-us jurisdictions
- Support the relationship and data hand offs with non-us tax teams, with a focus in EMEA
- Reconciliation and validation of income tax accounts (P&L) and balance sheet tax accounts, including various income tax disclosures
- Obtain an end to end understanding of the Global income tax accounting and reporting process and dependencies
- Assist with internal control documentation, including SOX
- Ensure all process steps meet required standard and timelines
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders around the global for income tax accounting matters
- Execute continuous improvement and efficiency initiatives
EMEA Tax is responsible for Corporate Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax, Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt and Budapest. Glasgow members work closely with the other EMEA and NY offices, and wider Finance.
The Glasgow Tax Department currently has a career opportunity for a Tax Director, working with members of the Global Tax Provision team in New York and other tax teams around the world, and reporting to a Vice President in the Global Tax Provision team in New York. The Global Tax Provision team is responsible for the Global income tax accounting and reporting for the firm under U.S. GAAP. This is an important and challenging role; with the successful candidate's primary responsibility being ensuring deliverables for NY and Global stakeholders are met on a timely, accurate and efficient basis and an opportunity to learn U.S. GAAP tax accounting rules pursuant to ASC 740. The role will involve in house training in all aspects of the required responsibilities. Intermediate accounting knowledge is required, and income tax knowledge is preferable.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Part or Recently Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA
- Proficient accounting knowledge and experience in Practice or Industry, tax experience preferred but not required
- Experience of tax accounting and disclosures would be advantageous (UK, IFRS and US GAAP knowledge), particularly in multi-legal entity environment (e.g. experience of consolidations).
- Must have ability to think critically and self-review
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and financial systems.
- Must have excellent Excel skills
- Focus on collaboration across teams and geographic regions
- Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed and develop professionally and personally
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be a team player
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Confident working with colleagues in worldwide business locations
- Experience with Altryx, Power Query is preferable but not required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.