Hedge Fund Credit Risk Analyst – Front Office
3179008 – Hedge Fund Credit Risk Analyst – Front Office
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The candidate will work closely with the rest of the front office Counterparty Risk team but is expected to be comfortable to lead tasks independently, including the following:
- Performing due diligence of hedge fund clients and forming an opinion of credit worthiness of hedge funds as well as determining level of risk mitigants required to support targeted trading activity
- Be point of contact to hedge fund clients and Sales to explain Initial Margin calculations
- Provide oversight of the daily margin call dispute investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Provide oversight of the daily settlement fails investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Actively track the daily stress loss calculations and help oversee the part of the team investigating material changes.
- Participate in LIVE trade approval processes & forums
- Participate in client on-boarding committees
- Represent the Business Unit Risk Management at cross-functional working groups, and engage in extensive project work.
- Ad Hoc risk analysis in response to market events, or in response to client related developments
- Extensive experience in a Credit department overseeing Hedge Funds clients
- Expert knowledge of Fixed Income products
- Strong work ethic
- Experience of doing independent work
- Willing and eager to learn and work with different teams and divisions of the Firm
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.