Manager, Risk and Quality
Job Description & SummaryA career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity-based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You’ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Compliance team is responsible for oversight of all Compliance activities by our PwC professionals. As a part of the team, you’ll help promote and monitor compliance with applicable external and internal policies, laws and regulations and subsequently, mange PwC’s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and monitoring of Risk Management and Independence Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (e.g. unwrapped files, incorrect paper files, unverified portfolio in checkpoint and Central Entity Services (CES) exception reports) and follow up of these exceptions
- Initial review of Risk and Independence Consultations
- Preparation of Risk Management and Independence Alerts
- Monitoring Audit Partner and Quality Review Partner (QRP) rotation
- Monitoring of QRP appointments
- Assist with reporting on Audit Quality Indicators to Leadership
- Assist with preparation of QRP appointments
- Assist with managing the Quality Management System (QMS) process
- Assist with regulatory inspection requirements
- Assist with monitoring the SMA Quality Improvement Plan
- Assist with Firm reviews as required by Global
- Assist in development of training related to risk management and independence
- Assist with the roll-out of Risk Management and Independence projects
- Technical research skills - being able to evaluate a situation broadly and to consider all aspects, including IFRS, Risk Management standards, Independence rules and guidance, PWC Audit, International Standards on Auditing, JSE requirements, Companies Act and other applicable legislation.
- The ability to think critically and solve complex problems efficiently and practically.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Analytical and solution driven.
- Excellent time management skills.
Minimum years experience required
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience in Risk and Quality Management or experience in an audit firm in Assurance would be an asset
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Bachelor Degree - Accounting & Finance
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date July 9, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.