Financial Planning Manager
Why apply for this role?
A dream holiday. Early retirement. Sending a loved one to university.
Some of our customers have big plans for their money. And that's where you come in. By providing them with clear informed advice about their investment options, you'll help to make those plans a reality.
It's a premium service: you'll be working with customers looking to invest at least £20k for five years or more. You'll listen to their needs, clarify their objectives and analyse their circumstances. Where appropriate, you'll explain which of our award-winning investment products are right for them.
Put simply, you'll be their trusted advisor.
What you'll be doing
- Advising on long-term investments
- Representing Santander Wealth Management in branch
- Identifying potential new customers in need of this service
- Keeping up with market trends (including updates from our asset managers)
- Developing your skills on our self-study programmes
What we're looking for
- Full QCF Level 4 diploma, through CII
- Strong people and relationship-building skills
- Ability to listen and analyse
- Understanding of regulatory environment
- Self-starting and dynamic approach to work
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role is based in Oxford/ Swindon.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.