GmbH Financial Reporting - Associate 2, Luxembourg
Who we are looking for
Financial Reporting is responsible for the review of Annual and Semi-Annual Financial Statements as well some monthly/quarterly reports for Alternative structures (Private equity/Real estate/Debt funds) and Hedged funds in LUX GAAP/ US GAAP/ IFRS.
Together with his team, the Associate 2 ensures that reports are accurate, reflect the highest possible quality and are delivered to the clients in a timely fashion. Such deliverables are compiled by a local team that leverages a delegated service model with part of the functions outsourced to our Hubs (Poland and India). On one side, s/he will take directions from the senior team members and on the other, s/he will guide the Hub Financial Reporting team according to department and bank strategy.
The Associate 2 will work in an international environment to provide an outstanding service to the clients and auditors during the preparation of the reports.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
In the role of Financial Reporting you will be responsible for:
- Review financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP requirements for alternative investment structures.
- Ensure timely preparation, review and release to clients/auditors.
- Coordinate the receipt of comments on financial statements drafts from both internal and external parties.
- Contact person for the client, the auditor and external vendor for financial reporting.
- Integral part of delivering quality service to assigned clients and all actions must be considered as part of this overall goal.
- Research, resolve or elevate issues as applicable.
- Serves as a floater resource to assist the senior team members in different tasks, to perform in special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Bachelor/University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Min 3 years of experience in Fund Accounting, Audit or Finance
- Knowledge and experience in the Alternative structures (Private equity/Real estate/Debt funds) and Hedged funds and the financial reporting around these structures
- Knowledge of LUX GAAP/US GAAP/IFRS financial statements for investment companies
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to effectively represent the team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail, reliable and responsive.
- Excellent organizational skill, detail oriented and is able to work under pressure
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.