Audit Trainee ACCA/PQ Associate Financial Services
Trainee ACCA/PQ - Financial Services Audit - Bristol
As an Associate within EY you will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with our clients delivering efficient and effective assurance services. What's more you won't always find yourself in a purely office based role, as we encourage you to work with clients on their own sites when this is practical and efficient. If you are a confident team player, have excellent communications skills, and have a genuine interest in studying towards an accountancy qualification, consider EY.
Your client responsibilities
- Preparing accurate assurance documentation for review
- Responsibility for nominated audit area(s) and/or delivery and completion of smaller clients
- Gaining an in depth understanding of the audit process to develop knowledge
- Complete work allocated by direct supervisor within agreed budget and deadlines
- Study for ACCA and demonstrate technical/financial knowledge and skills gained
- Gain understanding of client/business issues, e.g. by using the firm's knowledge resources
- Gather and analyse data, and perform detailed audit testing
Your people responsibilities
- Develop an effective working relationship with client staff
- Seek opportunities to expand and share knowledge
- Keep direct supervisor up to date with progress/issues
- Be proactive about own learning and development
- Seek feedback on personal performance and areas for improvement
Qualifications & Experience
- An understanding of what an audit is and some previous audit experience OR an accountancy background preferred
- Strong motivation to study towards the ACCA qualification
- Task management skills
- Questioning and listening skills
- IT skills
- Strong communicating skills
- Team working skill
- GCSE/Standard Grade or equivalent: including English & Maths
- A levels/Highers or equivalent
- Degree, or suitable previous work experience in a professional role
Please include a cover letter with your application fully describing why you are interested in this role.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.