Hedge Fund Accounting -Assistant Vice President
This is an important role requiring the candidate to lead and manage all aspects of the Hedge Fund NAV accounting process for multiple clients for a variety of complex hedge funds and work as Geneva conversion specialist in GICs.
- Managing all fund accounting services in respect of a portfolio of hedge fund clients along with the Officers and other AVPs;
- Review & sign-off of Net Asset Value calculations, financial statements and associated reports wherever required
- Resolve and/or escalate all material issues affecting the NAV production process or client service delivery in an appropriate & timely manner
- Prevent issues from occurring and not just solving issues. This is done through understanding, risk evaluation, and controls.
- Work closely with all stakeholders and the team to improve the process, monitor and report on resource management at client, individual and location level
- Coordination & oversight for all facets of managing the process and the teams – includes New Business, migrations, existing deliverables and SLAs; monitor progress of new clients, fund launches and on boarding of existing clients
- Identify and facilitate employee/training needs to efficiently manage work pipeline; monitor requirements against actuals while proactively engaging stakeholders to facilitate hiring and training requirements
- Identify and develop local SMEs for all key activities
- Review and action on Operational MIS Reporting – reporting on Fund Operational Metrics, adherence to risk and best practice guidelines, turnover, productivity/efficiencies
- Flagging key issues proactively and supporting the management with solutions, KPI/SLA reporting, and any other operational or strategic initiatives
- Primary point of contact for the Year end process with respect to audit timelines, Financial Statement Preparation, Regulatory filings, etc
Advent Geneva Conversion:
- Conduct client wise implementations of Geneva, including software installation, setup and hands-on functional and technical training.
- Analyze client’s business and technical requirements.
- Configure and automate products to optimize client workflows.
- Manage time to maximize agenda and delivery of critical components.
- Execute on planned implementation tasks to maximize client satisfaction.
- Communicate project status to onshore/offshore teams and SS project managers.
- Specify and/or develop and test custom reports.
- Build conversion and system integration mapping tools.
Education & Experience
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance related area and/or studying for a professional accounting qualification
- 13 years of experience in Financial Services in high volume operational environment and/ or hedge fund industry (prior experience in hedge fund accounting NAV operations is preferred)
- Managing and/or leading employees for 5-7 years
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- Prior work experience in Geneva
- Prior Advent Geneva conversion experience ( conversion from 1 version to other or other tools to Geneva)
- Hands-on collaborative leadership
- Effective execution & Implementation
- Risk Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Client/Business Relationship Management
- Coaching and Developing others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.