Business Analyst-Model Office - Manager
STT Alpha Business/Data Analyst
State Street’s Alpha Platform Service Architecture team is seeking a versatile individual with strong business systems analysis skills for development and support of services and product offerings. The successful candidate must possess skill in complex business data analysis with expertise in functional requirements gathering and documentation; excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; a proven ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams specializing in Front Office, Investment Accounting, Data, Workflow, Cash Servicing, Corporate Actions and/or other Middle Office Services and strong collaboration skills.
- Provide technical analysis and advice to clients (internal and external) on current and future state data-centric operating models.
- Liaise with stakeholders in order to establish and document implementation requirements in relation to cash, develop “use cases” to document requirements.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the STT Alpha Platform offering to perform subject matter expert activities, consultancy, implementation configuration and demonstrations specializing in Front Office, Investment Accounting, Data, Workflow, Cash Servicing, Corporate Actions and/or other Middle Office Services servicing but not limited to these product areas
- Analyze and document data mappings from source systems involved in the solution.
- Ongoing data / technical requirements analysis to align project expectations.
- Analyze and document any derivation, workflow and enrichment required for the project/solution.
- Apply functional business knowledge to system roadmap and be part of agreeing future enhancements / development activities.
- Support individual client implementation efforts specializing in area of our STT Alpha Platform.
- Support testing activities and immediate post-production transition with the support of test plan development and test scripts.
- Support on-going data enhancements to scope of services as needed.
- Play significant role in contributing input on product offerings.
- Support and consult the team in requirement gathering, development, definition and controlling of technical standards and methodologies.
- Process design and implement solution architectures and concepts in the context of projects and client implementations.
- Independently compile, analyze and interpret information related to complex business/system processing.
- Clear, complete and accurate documentation of user requirements and functional specifications
- Collaborate with other team members to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
- Create common and shared standards across peer group by implementing best practices.
- Consolidate application design for global strategic model.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior.
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making.
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business.
- Serve as a liaison between business users and various IT development and testing teams
- Document business technical requirements using clear, concise language, consistent with the appropriate methodologies
- Run meetings/workshops to explain and walk through business requirements
- Define and deliver test strategy, plans, and acceptance criteria
- Responsible for problem solving and issue resolution
- Define and document system interface requirements for other external systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent,
- Minimum 8 years related experience in financial services technical projects
- Knowledge of financial service industry – Front Office, Investment Accounting, Data, Workflow, Cash Servicing, Corporate Actions and/or other Middle Office Services and strong collaboration skills
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: ‘Big picture’ understanding.
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with clients and senior stakeholders.
- Experience with designing new solutions by analyzing requirements, studying system capabilities, and writing detailed business requirements. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must.
- Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- SQL/database query skills required
- Attention to detail and problem solving a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, Project, and Visio is required
- Experience with Snowflake or CRD is a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.