Business Consultant, 2nd Vice President
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
As part of the Asia Pacific team with senior leadership interaction, you will be responsible for supporting Country Executive in business and regulatory related initiatives, and market development activities.You also will be required to manage the ongoing legal entity regulatory change implementation that impacts multiple business units, and provide ongoing governance of the implemented controls for the designated legal entity
This role will report directly to Country Executive.
- Analyse industry trends, business performance, internal investment opportunities, and acquisitions
- Operate independently; with in-depth knowledge of business functions
- Carry out activities that are cross-functional and technically difficult, e.g. legal entity regulatory related projects and changes that impacts more than one business unit
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, governance/reporting and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conduct preliminary analysis of assigned projects
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management; e.g. manage the outsourcing committee activities including the analysis of each request, track/report all internal/external audits issues, manage the legal entity Conflict of Interest Register, Risk Register.
- Client event arrangement that impacts multiple business units, e.g. location sourcing at time.
- In-depth financial analysis and modelling
- In-depth knowledge of the Northern Trust product is preferred
- Experience within a Custodian Bank or Asset Manager, or consulting within financial services
- Adaptable with the ability to make judgment calls
- Manage senior stakeholders internationally and deal with different cultures
- Strong analytical ability - research, articulate, report and formulate ideas
- Product / Project / Business management experience ideally with strategic planning mindset
- Regional experience in APAC highly regarded
- A College or University degree with relevant proven work experience in financial analysis and project management
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.