Manager Business Partnering – Global Technology Services
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Enterprise Services (ES) delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
ES Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the ES division.
Your teamforms part of the wider ES Finance Team of approximately 90 people andprovides business partnering and financial management services to Enterprise Servicesand Business Unit CIOs. This role is part of the team which business partners to the Cloud and Enterprise Tooling business. This role has a large focus on Cloud computing and the strategic transformation of the Groups IT infrastructure hosting environment which is a key pillar of the Group Strategy and is an area of great innovation and investment.
Do work that matters
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial results and analysis for both BAU and investment spend to ES, Business Unit and Finance General Managers
- Understanding underlying drivers of performance and variances to Plan and assisting in discussions with the Business
- Providing timely and relevant financial information and insights, analysis and advice as and when required to support timely and effective decision making
- Driving the month end process including the preparation / review of month end journals, undertaking general ledger reviews, completing variance analysis and submitting month end results to Centre Finance
- Working closely with the business to develop meaningful driver based plans and forecasts in support of insightful analytics and business performance management, including the identification of cost savings and appropriate challenge of cost growth
- Ability to constructively challenge team and stakeholders as and when required
- Effective prioritisation skills used in conjunction with line manager prioritisation
- Collaborating with both Finance and Business stakeholders to drive business outcomes and become a trusted advisor
- Ensuring a strong financial control environment is maintained, including integrity of the general ledger, through extensive variance analysis and balance sheet review and challenge
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities in analysis, reporting and financial control
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA Qualification and up to 4 years post qualification experience
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services
- Strong commercial, accounting and financial management experience
- Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology
- High degree of commercial acumen, with experience in Information Technology a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven experience in advising, challenging and influencing senior stakeholders and business outcomes;
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 22/07/2021.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.