Finance Project Accountant, New Markets
We have an opportunity to join our Finance Team in Dublin. You will play a key role within the Finance function, with responsibility for supporting the business in the delivery of its high priority and highly visible New Markets activity. You will act as a primary point of contact for all areas of Finance in respect of new markets set-up.
- Representing Finance at business wide new market committee meetings
- Working with business partners to develop financial modelling for new market entry
- Coordinating technical input from across Finance ensuring appropriately captured and clearly communicated to key stakeholders
- Preparation and Maintenance of Finance Manuals (e.g. New Markets Set-Up, Shop in a Box)
- Working with ICT project team to deliver end to end finance systems-setup
- Deliver process and controls for acceptance of multiple currency in non-EUR currency markets
- Coordinating all accounting (including related company secretarial) and tax compliance obligations for new markets (from advisor appointment, to preparation of first set of financial statements), before handover to relevant teams within finance for BAU
- Finance Point of contact assisting all areas of the business on finance related new market queries (eg contracting queries, cash collection at stores, vendor payment issues, regulatory requirements/updates etc)
- Documenting and tracking progress against key milestones including close monitoring of critical path
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong breadth of experience in finance roles, focussed on either accounting or project delivery.
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams.
- Experience with systems set-up/changes a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Excellent attention to detail while also demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic.
- Accounting or similar qualification preferable.
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.