Legal and Compliance Officer-Amsterdam
To pursue our ambitious growth development in the Netherlands, we are currently looking for a Legal & Compliance Officer to join our compliance team in the Netherlands. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As a Legal & Compliance Officer you will work closely with the legal and financial officers to ensure that Alter Domus and its clients comply with local law and regulations. You will report to the local Head of Legal & Compliance and collaborate closely with other members of the Compliance team (locally as well on Group level).
We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career
As a member of the Compliance team you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Evaluating, reviewing and preparing all relevant legal documents in accordance with the local and Group policies to ensure Alter Domus Nederland remains compliant with all applicable regulatory and AML/CFT requirements;
- Undertake preparations and assisting relevant reporting to the Board and Dutch regulator;
- Provide support to the business: providing legal advise according to the applicable Dutch laws & regulation and compliance matters;
- Assisting in maintaining internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local standards as the business develops;
- Assist on Alter Domus Legal Group projects as required.
- Support to Management of Alter Domus as company secretary
If you meet the following requirements, you are who we look for:
- You hold a Masters degree in Dutch (corporate) law;
- You have at least 2 years of experience and affinity with legal & corporate management services;
- You have knowledge of the regulatory framework for the Netherlands (Wwft, Wtt, DAC6, UBO, GDPR, ESG, and other legal & compliance regulations);
- You have strong communication skills, including ability to present to different levels of staff;
- You are fluent in Dutch and have a good level in English (both verbally and in writing);
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong professional relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.
What we Offer:
- A place that fosters your professional growth and development at every stage of your career;
- An environment that promotes a balanced professional and personal life, where it is not mandatory to adhere to standard office times of 9 to 5;
- The possibility of joining a large global organization while working in small human-sized teams where you can benefit from a mentorship system and receive thoughtful feedback.
- The chance of working with prominent clients in the financial industry (14 of the 20 largest PE houses, 18 of the 20 largest RE firms, 15 of the 20 largest debt managers);
- Innovative learning and leadership development programs via our Alter Domus Academy and on-the-job knowledge;
- Top notch laptop and equipment to facilitate your needs;
- A competitive benefit package, including;
- Gym Subscription;
- Fully paid pension plan
- 31 days of holiday;
- Unique location nearby the Amsterdamse Bos.